To be eligible for enrolment, your child’s name must be registered on our Waiting List. Names are registered in date order received and year of eligibility for school. Please note that, unfortunately, having your child’s name on our waiting list does not guarantee a position if there is an exceptionally large list for a particular year.
Waiting List Process:
1. Children’s names can be registered on the waiting list from the age of 2.
2. ‘Registration for Enrolment’ form must be completed and submitted along with proof of identity (original of birth certificate).
3. Names are registered onto the Waiting List according to the date form was received at the Preschool, and the year the child is eligible to start Primary School.
4. It is the family’s responsibility to contact Gumnut to confirm the ‘Registration for Enrolment’ form has been received.
There is no fee to register your child’s name on the Waiting List.
Positions are offered from names registered on the Waiting List using the following criteria:
1. Children eligible to attend school the following year
2. Date order (when name was placed onto the waiting list)
3. Children with special needs, culturally and linguistically diverse families, Aboriginal or Torres St. Islanders and low income families.
If a vacancy occurs during the year, the waiting list is referred to and the criteria above applies.
As part of the enrolment process, one parent / guardian from each family is required to become a member of the Association (ie Gumnut).
A $50 enrolment administration fee (non-refundable) is payable, once an offer of a position has been made.
Gumnut is a not-for-profit organisation. The daily fee is set at the General Meeting in November each year after the Budget for the following year has been presented. The daily fee for 2017 is $32 per day, due to an increase in State Government Funding. This may be reviewed if the funding changes. An invoice will be issued at the beginning of each term and final payment is due by Week 8 of that term. A schedule of payment is included with each terms account. Holders of the Low Income Health Care Card are eligible to receive subsidised fees (maximum of 2.5 days per week).
Cash or EFT (Internet Banking)
EFT details will be provided with your Termly Fee account.